Sunday, April 11, 2010

My journal is finished! woohoo!

Well except for filling its pages of course. I used some colored hemp to lace the notebook together. I'm not sure I would use this exact method again but who knows. :) THIS is an accomplishment for me. I love starting and working on sewing and artsy projects but finishing stuff is challenging for me. Take for example this awesome blue jean quilt that is on my couch waiting to be finished...I started it a year ago to use camping. Also I think I skipped week 1 project as I was having a hard time painting pages that would work for that. I guess that is what I will work on this week and also practice some ATC's...and make my SIL who is going to be having surgery soon a card. Later this week I will gather supplies to make the tote! Thanks for all that have looked and commented.



7 comments:

  1. Jumped over from Trudy's. Congrats on your beautiful poetry journal! You are inspiring me to continue with the next phase... I just finished the background papers. I peeked around and saw your papers, I think they look great too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great all put together. Love the way you bound it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful, I love the bold colors you are using. i like that interesting binding too.

    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful completed project. I also LOVE the new look to your blog. I am still popping over to my "classmates" sites occasionally and checking on everyone. Enjoy reading your posts.

    julie b.
    www.fromthesehands.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what a great feeling it is to finally "finish" something...not a feeling I get all that often, actually. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. Have enjoyed having a look around your little side of the world. xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this worked out for you! LOVELY!!! Now, to fill it with words! How is that part coming, I wonder...

    With Love from another Artistic Mom!

    My Poetry Journal

    ReplyDelete