Friday, April 2, 2010

The Artistic Mother

A few weeks ago I ran across this awesome book book at Barnes and Noble. I have been absorbed by it ever since! I even found the authors blog (no I am not a stalker hahahah) and after that found a group of mothers that is going through Shona Coles steps in making creativity an everyday occurance. So I have been gradually gathering supplies...making some painted pages. Also I have been looking at the others art and feeling just a wee bit intimidated. ;) It is AWESOME and I am a wee bit behind but I have been encouraged by Trudy that I am welcome to join in and encourage any friends to join in. C'mon you know you want to!

When I go to visit my mom...I am always filled with warm fuzzies as I look at her walls. Her walls are filled with my art from high school and young adulthood. Somehow through infertility, eventual parenthood and homeschooling I have lost out on expressing myself visually. There is no excuse for the blank walls that fill my house!

Tomorrow I have a 30% coupon off your entire purchase at Michaels...and I intend to use it. I need more stamps and ink before I feel comfortable posting my creations so far. Z~girl being the artsy girl that she is has been joining in. So stay tuned...I might have some artistic creativity to show y'all!

5 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing your creative happenings...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're getting back into art. Your walls will be filled before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not an artistic bone in this tired old body, but I will be your cheerleading section...go, create, go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!! There's nothing more wonderful than putting art in your home that you have made yourself. And there's nothing quite as wonderful as the pleasure of creating...it will do you good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with topsietechie...I am SO not artistic. I love to do some things, some times, but I have not found my "niche" yet. :D I will join your cheerleading squad though.

    ReplyDelete