Saturday, February 22, 2014

Book Review- Seekers of the Lost Boy by Taryn Hayes



This last month I read a new book with characters that are homeschooled that I really enjoyed! Yesterday I put the review up on Homeschoolliterature.com but I thought I would also put a teaser here in my blog with a link to go check out the rest of my review. The review also includes a spelling word list and educational activities to go along with the book!

Seekers of the Lost Boy is an inspirational story about a homeschool family living in Cape Town South Africa. While out collecting shells for a homeschool project something catches 12 year old Simon's eye shining in some seaweed along the beach. What he finds is a bottle that has a brown envelope inside with a very special message written on it. The writer signed the message Joseph C, and also wrote the address of his school in hopes that whoever found the bottle could answer his very important question. Simon's family, including his three younger siblings, decide to search for the young boy who wrote the message and find out what has happened to him. What was the message? Well, you will have to read the book to find out! Go to Homeschoolliterature.com to read the rest of my review on this book.
If you do end up reading this wonderful book I would love to hear what you think about it!

Here is an interview with the author Taryn Hayes-



*~*~*~*~*~*

This week we have enjoyed some spring like weather and taken lots of nature walks in addition to doing some second grade science worksheets with the A~man. I love being able to do sit down work on the days that the weather is not great and then bring what we learn outside to explore nature!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book! I'm going to see if I can get it for my boys to read...

    Dontcha love homeschooling outdoors? We do too! :D

    ReplyDelete