Sunday, July 8, 2012

Planning for next year





I may be the only person that doesn't already have a solid idea of what we are doing for sure in our homeschool in the fall. We really haven't stopped for the summer. Sure, we take some days off but A~man is working on reading and Z~girl never stops reading. I was an avid reader as a child but I think she has me beat for the amount of books she has read at almost 11 years old. She has more opportunity all year long, as when I was in school, we had a lot of busy work that was required. We do not do a whole lot of busy work...unless it appears they need some. ;)

Here is what I do have planned for this year. We will still be doing our online curriculum and we do this about an hour a day. We will be doing these unit studies for science in addition to some nature notebooking. For Z~girls Reading/Language Arts we will be using this curriculum. I also want her to take an online writing course this fall. I'm still trying to figure out what to use for history that doesn't take a lot of planning...and this is also a subject that I love, but that I need help with. (it was definitely lacking in my education growing up) Math? I have no idea what to use.

For A~man right now I am concentrating on him relearning all of the dolch sight words. So this summer I have really been concentrating on him learning to read better. We are slowly going back through the sight word list and I have been making some worksheets I found online for the words. (we do not normally do a lot of worksheets so he is enjoying them!) With his special needs it always seems like it is two steps forward, one step back...with everything. But seeing that he is progressing really does make it awesomely rewarding!

It continues to be HOT here and I'm hoping to do my first tutorial in my blog this week! (it's a fun, easy, inside project) Z~girl had a birthday party to go to yesterday so we made the birthday girl a backpack. I have made many of them and hope to share how incredibly easy it is to make...and the best part is you can find what you need to make it around the house. If you do not have a sewing machine it can also be sewn by hand. 

1 comment:

  1. I am the second homeschooler who is not ready for the fall and I just received the paper work from the school yesterday! Guess I better get busy!! Betty Boop also seems to take one step forward and two (or ten) steps backward. I am looking forward to viewing your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete