Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Day 15, Wednesday: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day - this could be "a photo an hour" if you'd like)

Gonna skip this one as I haven't had time to do it yet. Definitely soon though.


Day 16, Thursday: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it


This is one I have been thinking a lot about. I'm not sure what to put as I have not really thought in those terms. I guess at one point I probably thought of infertility in those terms. I wanted LOTS of kids! But...looking back I can see God's hand through it all. We would not have gotten our son if we would have had children already. He was so medically fragile that he was only allowed in a foster family's home that did not already have children. That was US. Then 10 or so months later to discover I was pregnant after being told I couldn't physically conceive. That was totally God's hand and I do not think I would be the parent I am today if parenthood would have come easily.

Day 17, Friday: A favorite photo of yourself and why


 

 I have to admit. This isn't a favorite photo of myself as I really need to organize the photos on my computer. BUT it is the first photo I came across that includes me in it that made me say "awwww!" It must be 2 or 3 years old. A and Z look so different here than they do now! It's also a good reminder to myself to get more pictures taken with me in them as they are scarce. 

*****

Tomorrow will be pretty low key and A~man and I will be working on his reading fluency a bit but I will definitely be talking to the kids about Memorial Day and what it represents. My hubby was in the military for 13 years but didn't ever go overseas as he was always in special training during the times others were getting deployed. We both have many friends though that served many terms and we are so thankful for their sacrifice and the sacrifice their wives and children also endured for our freedom.

There is also a music festival tomorrow that we may go to...it all depending on the A~man. His anxiety is still high after the incident in the gas station resulting in an unusual increase in behaviors. Admittedly mine is at a crazy all time high too but I'm not going to let it keep us from having fun. Hopefully we can attend for a bit as both kids love to watch people perform music. Beside that we will probably just play some printable games and plant some more in our every growing garden. 

2 comments:

  1. I like your picture! :) And I realize that I need to take more pics of me with the boys too...I have tons of them, both individually and together. I even have a good recent one of them and the hubs. But I think the last picture that I took with them was two Christmases ago, lol. :/

    Katie

    ReplyDelete