Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Truthquest History -TOS Review

image


Awhile back we were given the opportunity to try out a history curriculum that is the creation of Truthquest History . The guide in particular that we received was American History for Young Students I. This guide was written for elementary students in grades 1-5. The wording used is milder and made more positive than some of the guides written for older more mature students. My daughter who is 10 is at a 4th/5th grade level and my son with special needs is 12 and at a 2nd/3rd grade level. This particular guide is a good match for their particular levels.

This curriculum strongly uses literature as the basis of the history study. The focus is richly based on God's direction during the story of mankind rather than being based on man himself. It is very flexible which makes it easy to move through the curriculum at your own pace. It is also very family focused and I like this as growing up my history education was very weak and I enjoy learning along with what I am teaching my children!

image
All of the guides (grades 1-12) are available in either print or pdf format and the price ranges from $24.95 to $34.95 for print, or $19.95 to $29.95 for a pdf file emailed to you. Supplemental lapbooks are also available that are made specifically to go with many of the TruthQuest guides. I think these prices are very reasonable for the wealth of information given in the guide. I am seriously thinking of using this particular guide (The American History for Young Students I) after we take a short summer break in July.

Disclaimer- As a member of TOS Crew I was supplied with a pdf file from Truthquest in exchange for a review of this product and my unbiased opinion of this product. Please check out the other reviews done on Truthquest History from the other TOS homeschool crew.


No comments:

Post a Comment