Friday, August 28, 2009

it just became clear to me....


We are going on our 4th year of homeschooling. Through the years we have tried and used so many kinds of curriculum....I'm embarassed to even say! Last year I bought My Fathers World. LOVE the idea behind it....love all the material. Did we use MFW last year? no. We used it here and there and read most of the books but today it hit me. With my personality and the kids personalities we are just not a strict schedule type of family. This week was so wonderful....Boy scout swim party kickoff, 4H started, Girl scouts started, a field trip with our homeschool group, and today a trip to Dunkin Donuts followed by a playdate with them at the park. It ran me ragged but I just let myself enjoy this week. Inbetween all that we did our "school work". Next week will be a mainly HOME type of week. In years past I felt so much guilt if we did not get everything done on our "list" and would feel guilty about the weeks we were busy out of the house. I am going to stop with that crazy notion! I'm also going to stop feeling the need for the PERFECT all around curriculum....and use a little this a little that to fill in the needs of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment