Sunday, June 21, 2009

I really blew it today!

Normally I am a quiet spoken.....PATIENT person. I guess after today I will start over with the patient part of that book I was (and started back) reading.



It started out nice enough we went to church, out to eat a nice dinner, then we walked downtown and I had hubby pick out a new hat and a nice shirt.



I need to back track a bit. It took me a LONG time to become mommy....mothers day means a LOT to me. This year I got back from visiting my mom the day before mothers day. For mothers day I did not get a card or anything BUT we went out to eat somewhere nice. I held it together.....thought I was over it.



Today hubby got a card for the mother of the young man he is working with....as her dad is dying. I FLIPPED. I guess I kept some things bottled up too much. I went off on him asking WHY did I not get a card for mothers day, HE did not get his own mother a card (I did and she knew it as I sent it from Wa....big points from MIL on that one;) He did not send his mother a card or anything when she was going through her cancer treatments. (the kids and I did but should have more) I kindof lost it. I was just so mad that he would think to send this lady a card (not worried about a romantic problem;) just the whole principle of it! It really turned into a huge Mars Venus thing and I made him cry. I had reason to be mad but geesh I really over reacted and blew it today. He's working tonight so he is not home. We NEVER fight so I am so upset....I partly blame my PMDD. I only get it bad 4 or 5 times a year but geesh.....it's in full force and I lost my self control.

2 comments:

  1. I have to add....one reason I am a mess today is I am missing my dad.....and my father in law. My dad passed away 5 yrs ago Jan in his sleep...he had alzheimers. My FIL passed away a 5 years ago Aug....just a week or so after Zoe's 3rd birthday...he had cancer and I believe he was just holding on a bit...to go to her birthday. I have the most precious picture of Zoe hugging pop pop on her third bday...sob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally understandable...massive aussie hugs.

    Holding you gently as you miss for Dad and FIL.

    ReplyDelete