Thursday, October 13, 2016

Where do I start?



I’ve lost my writing mojo.It has been one of the most emotional years I’ve ever been through but haven’t felt like getting any of it down in writing. I honestly do not feel like I can now except to say that my mom passed away. It feels like I am missing a part of my heart.


Enough about that, at least for now, since I thought I would start back blogging with doing a more positive slant with a list of my 10 favorite things right now.

  1. God- he’s always on the top of my favorite things list.
  2. My husband and kids- They always have a way of making me smile and laugh. I'm enjoying their fall sports and spending time outside with them.
  3. My extended family- Due to circumstances, I have seen many of them quite a few times this year and I have LOVED my time with them.
  4. Local friends...new and old. I treasure my friends even when I do not see them often.
  5. My BFF from SD- She treats me like a sister and welcomed me into her home while I was there. She was such a strong support to me during a difficult time. I only wish we lived closer.
  6. Homeschooling- We are homeschooling high school now! Where did the years go? On our first trip to visit my mom while she was sick I brought my daughter. “School” had to stop for a bit. Of course, life is learning so both kids were always learning even if it was "life lessons".
  7. Our pets- 4 chickens, 1 rooster, 1 rabbit (we lost our second one a few months ago), and drumroll…..2 dogs. We still have our old pooch but we rescued a new puppy (or rather she rescued me) this spring. She’s a “Carolina Dog” and an awesome addition.
  8. Co-op Classes- This is our second year doing them and the fellowship with other moms and kids in a small group has been so good for all of us. (we honestly do not do as well in large groups) My husband is even teaching a high school “Wars and Battles” class.
  9. My husband’s cooking- MMMMMMMMMMMmmmm
  10. Fall- After spending another summer with no A/C I am loving the cool weather.
  11. Okay, I said 10 but I'm adding an extra...perhaps frivolous thing. PUMPKIN. Especially pumpkin muffins. Yum! Do you know this simple recipe? You take a can of pumpkin and a box of yellow (or chocolate) cake mix and combine them. Probably not the healthiest but they are a nice treat!


Happy Fall Y'all!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment