Sunday, September 4, 2011

a dream come true?

For the last few years we have been praying that we could find someone capable/willing to teach A~man either guitar or drums. (he has both) Anyone I have approached just wasn't receptive. A~man LOVES music and has since he was a baby. I can't tell you how many guitars the boy has had over the years. He now has two that he takes very good care of. Also with some help from the grandparents we bought him a drum set last Christmas.

Today in church a young man who is the drummer at church asked to talk to my husband.  To say A~man has been obsessed with this young man "C" and his drumming is an understatement.  At one point he was so obsessed with C that I tried my best to keep him away from him as it can get to be too much. Anyway "C" wants to give A~man drum lessons after church service on Sundays and also on Thursdays when the band practices. Oh and get this...for FREE. He said that he will be leaving the church band in a year as he is going on tour or starting his own band. (which I believe as a few band members that just left are in Germany right now touring...they are GOOD!)  He has hopes of A~man playing with the church band one day. I do not want to put limits on God but I'm not sure about that part. I believe he COULD play well...he is very musical. The obsessive talking and ADHD make me wonder if he could do it. I REALLY hope that A~man is able to be quiet and listen and observe...he learns so much from watching. He actually sounds pretty good on his drums without lessons.  We will see.

Here is a picture that was taken at Christmas when he got his drumset.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a blessing, Joy! I just know A is going to astound us all with his talent. :)

    ReplyDelete